Beautiful to look at, and good enough to eat! These delicious strawberry roses make a wonderful treat. Serve with a bowl of whipped cream, and some melted dark chocolate for dipping.
- Lollipop sticks, wooden skewers or fake rose stems
- Leaves from fresh or silk flowers
- Green floral tape
- Wash and completely dry your strawberries. Place a strawberry on a fork.
- Starting about 1/4″ down from the top, using a paring knife, form the first petal by slicing downward, but don’t cut all the way through.
- Using the knife, fan the cut outward like a petal.
- Do this three more times around the base of the berry.
- Cut a second row of petals, in between the petals you have already cut. It works best to cut as close to the red skin as possible so the piece will curl out better.
- Finish by slicing the top of the berry and fan out with knife. Serve immediately. Use them as drink garnishes or create a berry bouquet. Present them with a small bowl of whipped cream or dipping chocolate to make them extra delicious.
- To create a berry bouquet, insert the lollipop stick, skewer or rose stem in the bottom of each strawberry.
- You can take it one step further and add green floral tape and some leaves to make the strawberry roses look more real.
(Visited 338 times, 1 visits today)